Rev. Benedito Monteiro, Portuguese Ministries Facilitator
Rev. Benedito Monteiro, Portuguese Ministries Facilitator is accountable to the Multicultural ministries USA/Canada regional office and his primary function is to implement the agreed-upon policies and strategies for evangelism and strengthening of existing structures on the various districts of the Church of the Nazarene. This is accomplished through:
- Arranged meetings with district superintendents and district leaders to help formulate and implement church planting strategies.
- Upon the approval of the district superintendent, visit to churches and pastors who express a desire to sponsor culture specific congregations.
- Upon the approval of the district superintendent, visit to culture-specific congregations that express the need for consultation in leadership development.
- Recommend potential pastors for new and existing congregations.
- Assist district superintendents, when requested, in the development of strategies for new initiative among specific people groups. Please feel free to contact Rev. Benedito Monteiro regarding Armenian Ministries.
Please feel free to contact Rev. Benedito Monteiro regarding Portuguese Ministries.
Portuguese Ministries Strategic Readiness Team
Each Facilitator works with a Strategic Readiness Team. Strategic Readiness Teams meet annually to pray, plan and strategize for their perspective ethnic group in the USA/Canada. The African Ministries Strategic Readiness Team is comprised of African pastors that have been approved by their District Superintendent and the Multicultural Ministries Director. They are Rev. Bleemie Zoewah, Rev. Michael Gatkek and Rev. Chapin Bolenga. For contact information visit this webpage.
Portuguese Ministries Unique Mission
Portuguese Ministries: “exists to support districts, pastors, local churches, and leaders in the task of making Christlike disciples among Portuguese groups in the U.S. and Canada.” It also endeavors to:
- Encourage the development of strategy, initiative, and resources to reach the USA/Canada mission field through the visionary leadership of a Portuguese Mission Facilitator and Strategy Committee
- Facilitate the creation of resources for pastors, local congregations, and for ministerial preparation through the strategy committee;
- Utilize as strategy committee members, church leaders who are committed to establishing the Kingdom of God in the hearts of Portuguese people in their communities
Church of the Nazarene releases new resource simultaneously in four languages - One Lord, One Faith and One Baptism
Pensions and Benefits is working on translating key resources into several major languages and are making them available online and at training sessions. Notably, the P&B-Provided Benefits Guide is now available in Spanish, Korean, Portuguese, and French, and one in Mandarin Chinese is in process.
Pensions and Benefits has contracted with Certified Languages International (CLI) to provide real-time interpretation for those who call them with questions related to church or clergy financial matters. By phoning the 888-888-4656 number, ministers can chat with their office representatives in almost any language.
Portuguese Ministries Resources
The following files provide information and statistics that Portuguese congregations may find useful in their ministry.
Portuguese Conference 2016
NCN article - Portuguese Conference 2015
Find a Portuguese Speaking Church
Church of the Nazarene Manual in Portuguese
Census Foreign Born Population USA/Canada
Cultural Group Reports 2007 - 2017
Wesleyan Holiness Library
To order at Gospel Tracts in English or additional languages contact email@example.com.
Lifelong Learning Registration and Reports
One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism in Portuguese