World Literature Offering
June 11, 2017
Why this annual offering?
A critical need exists for Bible study, Christian education, and discipleship materials and literature in all languages and for all age groups within the global ministry of the Church of the Nazarene.
How will the funds be used?
Funds received through this offering will be used toward the development and distribution of theologically-sound and culturally-appropriate discipleship materials.
What is the goal?
The goal is simply 100% participation—every Sunday School and discipleship group receiving an offering in order to strengthen global Christian education in the Church of the Nazarene.
How should the offering be received & submitted?
Churches are encouraged to promote this offering through all age-level Sunday School classes and discipleship groups. Some helpful promotional ideas are listed below. Checks should be made out to “General Treasurer.” Please send your offering contributions directly to either the Global Treasury Services (U.S. churches) or to the Canada National Office (Canadian churches), using a local church remittance form with the amount indicated in the “Approved 10% Special Offering” category. Be sure to clearly identify the offering on the form as the Pentecost Sunday World Literature Offering (AMS1073).
It is also possible to give online at https://give.nazarene.org/donate/f/125905.
- Designate the Regular Sunday School Offering from all classes on Pentecost Sunday toward this goal.
- Collect a special Love Offering for this special purpose.
- Challenge children to Bring the Change! Collect all of the loose change that family members have at the end of the day for one week, and bring it all in on Sunday for the offering.
- Develop a Dramatic Presentation that would affirm the goal of this offering (The plight of people who don’t have any discipleship or training material; the joy of a new Christian receiving Christian material in his or her own language; etc.).
- Issue a Matching Gifts challenge to the adult Sunday School classes – challenge them to match (or double!) the total contributions from the children and youth classes.
- Have your local NMI or the youth group adopt a language or world region, and prepare a presentation for your congregation. (Visit www.nazareneworldmission.org for detailed information on every world region.)